Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Top 10 Travel Essentials

Travelling light and easy.

A hand-carry bag, a backpack, and a pouch—you could see me balancing all the baggage whenever I travel even just overnight. I have this disease of bringing my entire wardrobe for a two-day affair or drag a stroller if it takes three days or a week. Traveling light is an art and for me it took time to learn. Now, whenever I pack, I ask the basic question, “Do I really need this?” For a week of travel, I am now proud to say I can survive with putting all my stuff in a middle sized backpack. Here are my top 10 travel essentials.

1.    Backpack. A comfortable and durable one with a laptop compartment. My Swiss backpack has served me well for years. I choose one with a laptop compartment as it is convenient and safe for me. It spares me the hassle of hanging my laptop bag separately.

2.   Flexible pair of shoes. I choose a pair of leather booties when I travel for trainings and any others. It is always ready to go and can carry different looks. Pair it with a long sleeve and jeans and you’ll have a semi formal look. Pair it with shorts and  sleeveless and you are ready to go for an afternoon stroll.

3.   Wardrobe essentials.  Clothes made from light materials like cotton are preferable as they are fold-able to the minimum size without the dire need for pressing. Jeans, jogging pants, shorts, t-shirt, a dress, one nighties, and lots of undies.

4.   Toiletries.  In a mini handbag, I see to it that all of my basic stuff like toothbrush, toothpaste, bath soap, shampoo, mouthwash, lotions, etc., are all in. I keep a mini size of all those to save space.

5.   Water. This has not been on top of my list until lately. Unexpected things might happen along the way and water is the safest stuff you could take to keep you alive.

6.   Headset. As a music fanatic, a headset is not a want but a need. Duhh, imagine a 24-hour bus ride or a delayed flight without anything that is preferable to you playing.

7.   Book. Sure, there are ebooks ubiquitously available with the invention of Android phones or you can read them straight from the desktop. But I am an orthodox lass who likes to flip pages once in a while and who is obsessed of book scent.

8.   Scarf. It is always multi-purpose. Scarves can serve as your blanket or towel, if needed. It is also a great way to travel in style without bringing too much.

9.   Good sunnies. The heat of the sun and wind might irritate your eyes. With neuralgia striking once in a while which makes me abhor glares, I could say sunglasses are functional fashion.

10. Slippers. I have a pair tucked on the side pocket of my backpack just in case I need them.


You might also like:
Benefits of Travelling Solo
10 Things You Hate About School
Flat Talk
Here Is Why You Should Not Quit

No comments:

Post a Comment