Saturday, June 21, 2014

Benefits of Travelling/Strolling Solo

Got no one to take your pic?
Set timer, go for selfies or ask people around!
They are more than willing to do so. And who knows it might spark
new friendship.
I am a bit hesitant if solo backpackers could not relate how enthralling it is to travel alone. Even just going to nearby coffee shops or malls, doing it with me, myself and I,  is more than exciting. I am obsessed maybe for the following reasons:

      1. Knowing yourself better. Being in a throng of strangers in an unknown place makes one realize it is important to be tough and open-minded to any possible circumstances. Travelling all by yourself unlocks characters you yourself never figured out have.
Eat whatever you want.
Wherever you want.

2.       No other interest to consider. Travelling alone means you have no other person/people bugging where to check-in, what to eat, when to hop from one place to another, etc. I am also up for group activities but what really made me fall in love with solo backpacking is doing things at my own pace.  I really have low tolerance with snail speed company much as those who cannot make do of any situations.



These people taught me how to
eat see urchins' meat.
Then we had few shots of Emperador.
3.       Meet new people. The thought of any possible seatmate on the tricycle, bus, and plane fuels my solo backpacking interest. That person sitting next to you has unquestionably unique experiences of the world and engaging a conversation with him/her is such an encounter you can’t read on books. Some of the folks you encounter understand you are alone and offer a hand to take shot of yourself with the panoramic scene you are in so photo memento is could never be a problem. In case it' a big deal. There are even those who are really kind and would willingly introduce you to people around and take care of you.
  



4.       Challenge resourcefulness. What more can I say? When you are in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people and dilemmas arise, you have not much of a choice but turn on your 'resourcefulness' button.

5.       Independence. I grew up trained to stand on my own feet and travelling alone drifts me back to those days while adding wisdom to my half full experience with the realities of life.


You might also like:
Top 10 Travel Essentials
Lakbay Albay: Peak Perfect
Road Trip to Ilocos

No comments:

Post a Comment